Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Good Medical Practice Demands Honest Communication


British Medical Association Writing Competition runner-up and junior doctor, Lucy Mant, asks the pertinent question 'Do you know what I mean?' Lucy reflects on the times when she debated, by then grit her teeth and fronted up with the truth.
"Since I began to think more about the truth, aside from occasional feelings of teenage embarrassment, my predominant feeling has been one of pleasant surprise. Through replacing my bravado with the pure and simple truth, I have had many wonderful learning experiences."
Junior doctors and medical students can identify with and learn from these true and honestly recounted scenarios! This competition submission was published July 26, 2013 on the BMA website, click on the title link to read the full article. Other excellent Writing Competition entries are also posted on the BMA website.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment