Anne Ross Library Blog
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
To accommodate schedules as best as possible, the webinar will be offered twice:
Thursday, March 20 & Friday, March 21st ~ from 12:00noon – 1:00pm ET.
To join the Webinars, please follow these instructions.
Approximately 10-15 minutes or so before the scheduled start time:
1) In your web browser, type in www.genesys.com
2) In the upper right hand corner, where it reads Start or Join Meeting, click on “As a Participant”
3) In the next screen that appears, next to the phrase “Moderator’s Meeting Number” – enter the meeting number [ask or phone the Library Desk to obtain the number]
4) Then click on “Join Meeting as a Participant”
5) Once you do that, you can enter your name and then your telephone number to request to be dialed into the audio portion of the call.
Again, we strongly recommend you follow this process at least 10 minutes or so ahead of time, to allow time for troubleshooting if necessary. Additionally, once you click on “join meeting” a brief browser compatibility test will be launched automatically before you gain access to the meeting.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
PBS Series on Health Disparities
The U.S. is one of the richest countries on earth yet ranks 29th globally in terms of life expectancy! This four hour series examines America's glaring socio-economic and racial inequalities in health to try to find the root causes. There appears to be much more behind this than bad habits, health care, or genetics!
Click on the title for more information and watch your local listings; airing will begin on PBS March 27, April 3, 7, and 10.
Emerging Technologies in Nursing and Nursing EducationThis slideshow by Patricia Anderson of the University of Michigan Health Sciences Library gives a brief introduction to emerging technologies and their application to nursing and nursing education; focusing on Web 2.0, social technologies, and Second Life.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
This website is a very concise online resource linking you to all the key nursing theories as well as teaching resources and games to help you learn them. Unfortunately, some links are broken or will redirect you as site was built in 2003.
Click on the title to check out this great resource from the
Hahn School of Nursing & Health Sciences ~
University of San Diego.